Monday, October 11, 2010

S.O.L.A.S.T. Explained: Entry Number Six

"Sticks Out Like A Sore Thumb" Featuring Esh The Monolith
Title track... This is my favorite joint on the project. We leaked it to the blog commUNITY a while back. I honestly have to put this up there with the few other joints I did that I hold in high regard (See "Calla Boca")... Another Deto-22 (of Phenetiks) produced banger. Esh spits the cryptic chorus that I'm still trying to figure out without having to ask him to explain.... He does mention "5th digit" and "leaving critics lit" which I'm thinking alludes to me releasing my 5th piece of works and my general opinion of the public's peanut gallery.... You won't notice, but the 2nd verse was actually for some whole other ish that didn't manifest, but happened to fit perfect for what I was going for.... You know, we make up all these cliche phrasings and are always quick to point out degrees of separation, but being the entity that doesn't quite fall into place isn't a bad thing nor should it be treated as going against the grain. Where I'm at in life has shown me that existing as a non-conformist, non-traditional part of society isn't anything one should feel shame or uncomfortable with. It's not our fault the majority of the population done folded their playing hands and gone more out of their way to fit in rather than stick out (like a sore thumb even!)....

Click the pic to get blessed (Audibly):

Enjoy & You're Welcome.
PS: Today marks the 13 year anniversary of my best friend's death. R.I.P. Jason Andrade. The older I get, the more I miss you here.....

No comments: