Thursday, January 13, 2011

CasUno Top 5 Releases of 2010

This was harder than last year to compose.....
I don't know, Hip Hop, ya kinda last leggin' sellin' tangible product and quality releases to hold and to cherish....From this day forth....Yadadada.... I don't wanna be a "I used to love her" type....
I know we released newness to yall fiends out there this past year and show no signs of not being committed to continuing to do what we do....
Anyhow, my top fever is even more unorthodox than last year....
Here they are in no particular order:

This left field banger caught us by surprise. I'd put people onto Boy Sand's sh!t and they'd turn instant fan. His guest shots on other people's sh!t been ridiculous.... I hope this cat can continue to feed we in the same impacting manor this release did....

Best record I bought all last year (I will say that much!)....Won't go too deep cause we are, after all, friends with Moe, Rain, & Chris.... I dare you to pick a more consistent record from last year. In fact, I dare you to listen to this record from beginning to end and not love it.... End of story. Look out for the remix rendition of this album and Moe and Rain's future collab works with we here and there....

It's tough to keep up with artists that release series joints every month and have like 100 different alter egos in which they release music under....I made it a point to purchase this volume of the Medicine Show releases and wasn't disappointed in the least. I imagine all the other episodes are equally frESH, but this one hit home for ya man right here....

The next two are a tie in my book for a couple of reasons. One project I got far too much insight upon by watching and being a part of recording and putting together, the other is a release from yet another cat I know a likkle something who released an overpriced EP at the very end of the year and ended up sounding better than most of the few records released in 2010....

Whole lotta Esh production on that Romen record yo.... I think we told you that before... Plus Romen's pretty much fam-at-large like that, and yall know I don't cheer lead in public (lol). Robust's joint is a good ass listen. He fronted on the beats for "SOLAST" he was supposed to send and this EP cost like $15 for a CDR in a really poorly printed cover sleeve, but that ish been sold out since it dropped late 2010... That deserves a made mention fa' sho'....

The last of my list is yet another tie. Difference than the above mentioned records, I did not buy either in physical form. So these are download jawns I caught from Ink, the man who owns every record no matter how he has to obtain them....

The Dres jawn caught me off guard. I got the opportUNITY to peep some of this material when he rocked Providence a while back. We actually got to meet him and talk a bit and he's a really good guy, man.... This record had some strong jewels and a Native Tongue reunion collabo IF? ya slept... The Celph & BuckWild ish just wigs me out. As much as I do not support Celph, Ap, or any DemiGod ish, I found this record to be quite listenable. Even got joints on there. I just don't want the new trend to be like, "Yo, just got me some 1992 E Swift beats to make a record with son!"... I'm sayin' elder aged shorty-wop, let the 90s go already!!! Good idea and all, but this just further proves we aren't letting go of the supposed "Golden Age" of rap and making way for a potentially new one. Sorry. I'm that purist I suppose.

Dear Hip hop, please feel better this year. We're all pulling for you.
I hope I get the opportUNITY to do this again next year, but with the current state of affairs regarding released music, I'd say there's always a chance that it might not....

Yo, peep my son's shirt right quick:

"Pain in the ass, he is....."

The good folks over at UrbNet in Canada have chosen to make ya man right here a featured artist based upon the review written on their site for "SOLAST"... Peep HERE

Be Back Later.....

Peace.

No comments: